петък, 8 март 2013 г.

Unwinding after school.

Have you ever had one of those days when you felt very frustrated because of something at school and you were stressed during the entire day and just kept reliving it over and over again? I know I have had many. Whether it was because of a test or because of my classmates, I found it rather hard to put it behind me. Since then, I have tried many things and I'm going to share with you some of the best ways to relax after school.

1. Going out with friends


Going out with people, whose company you find relaxing, can be just the thing you need. You can share your problems with them and expect sympathy and support in return. Telling someone how you feel can really help you get through your anxiety and stress. And it's even better to do it over a hot cup of coffee.

However, if you are not particularly fond of sharing your personal thoughts and emotions with others (like me), or you just don't have people you feel you can trust, here are other ways you can forget your worries. Enjoy =].....

2. Reading a book


There is deffinitely nothing better than cuddling in a corner with a good book. It can really make a difference, thrust me. No matter what genre you read, as long as you find it an interesting read and can really get into it, you are on the right track.
!Extra tip: It's good to read some of the all time masterpieces in literature.

3. Watching movies


This is by far my favorite way to relax. Almost every day after school, I will go home and watch a comedy or a TV show, and by the time it's over I will feel completely relaxed and I will have forgotten all about the "school dramas".
!Warning: it's not good to spend your entire day in front of your TV or computer, so limit the movies to one every day. =]

4. Writing


No matter what it may be: a diary, a blog, or just some random thoughts. Writing can really help you let go of any frustration. By focusing on the things you want to write you look at them in a different perspective and you also get to order your thoughts. In addition, by writing random things you can also improve your writing techniques.
!Extra tip: You are NEVER too old to keep a diary. You don't have to tell the whole world about it, but rather keep it your little secret.

5. Doing sports


Most of us have heard the expression "walk it off''. However, you can "run it off'', "jog it off"or use any other sport to clear your head. As long as you enjoy it and find it relaxing- go for it. This way, you will have fun and relax while also working out. Also, a very relaxing activity is doing yoga. I have tried it and it really works. If you don't want to commit to yoga, simply meditating for a few minutes a day is enough.

6. D.I.Y.


Actually, any type of art works. There are litteraly so many D.I.Y. projects to choose from on the Internet: bracelets, origami, decorations, etc. Also, in the stores you can find everything you will ever need. The most important thing is that it takes your mind off of school. If you don't feel like creating something, you can just take a sheet of paper and a pencil and let out your emotions.

7. Board games/ Sudoku/Crossword puzzles:


These can be really helpful, because they envolve a certain level of concentration. Also, they encrease your focus and IQ. Scrabble and crossword puzzles can increase your vocabulary. Moreover, they are simply fun. You can play with your family or friends and bond.


Well, these are my suggestions for unwinding after school, or actually just relaxing, no matter how old you are or what you are doing. I hope you liked my post. I tried to keep it short and straight to the point. Leave me a comment and let me know how you relax.

“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.”
―   Amit Ray


xoxo,
        HriSi

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар