сряда, 1 май 2013 г.

Staying healthy and fit in the summer..

It's May, guys, and we all know what this means: summer is right around the corner. But with summer coming so come the holidays and parties. And all of us (especially the girls) want to look hot. Many of us find it hard to be committed to a diet (including me), but we still want to lose a few pounds to get that sexy figure. I gave up on diets a long time ago, mainly because I was just not able to follow it for more than 4-5 days. However, I really wanted to get into shape for the summer, especially after gaining some pounds during the winter. I decided to try something different and it worked.

I refused to follow any diet and I simply decided to make small changes in my everyday life. Here are some of them. I hope they help you get that gourgeous body that all of us dream of.

1. No fizzy drinks

This is a must. You have to stop drinking them. I used to think that having a glass of cola or something else wouldn't do anything for my figure, just because it was one glass. But think about this: 250 ml of cola is 105 kcal and 250 ml of water is 0 kcal. If you have a glass of water instead you will consume 105 kcal less and this can really affect your figure. Also, fizzy drinks are really bad for you (obviously). So, by not drinking ANY you will definitely see a difference in your body after a while and you will also feel heathier.

2.No fast food


Even though is may taste really delicious and it may feel great eating a burger and some fries, it's really bad. For me, this wasn't that hard because I have never eaten that much fast food. But there are so many better alternatives than a burger or chicken wings. I am not going to suggest a salad, because everybody will laugh. However, why not switch to home-cooked meals. You may have a job and many other things on your daily schedule, but it's not that hard to cook a soup on something like that. And wait until you see the difference: an average hamburger is around 300 kcal and a bowl of soup is only up to 150 kcal. This is 150 kcal you can save by just spending 30 min in the kitchen. Moreover, there is NO question that a serving of soup is 100 times more healthy than a burger. 

So, where are we so far: just by cutting down on fizzy drinks and fast food you can save at least 250 kcal !! But I'm not done yet...

3. Be active


You may not be able to do a cart wheel, but doesn't mean you can't exercise. Even the smallest thing you do: like taking the stairs, walking to work or school, doing ten sit-ups or squats is better than nothing. Some days you may not feel like exercising and that is OK, but by making those little efforts every day, soon they will become a habit and you won't even notice yourself doing them. Secondly, don't exercise with the mindset of losing weight. It's good that you have a goal and you are motivated, but if you achieve your goal you will not feel the need to exercise and you will immediately start gaining pounds. Exercise for fun: everybody needs a hobby- try making exercising yours. If you have the right mindset you will make exercising a part of your life.

4. Chocolate vs Fruit


OK, now this was extremely hard for me and I admit somethimes I fail to keep this rule. But that's because I just love chocolate sooo much. However, I have made an improvement: I used to eat a lot of chocolate, mainly when I was stressed or worried, but now I have been trying to connect these emotions to fruit. So, not whenever I am studying for an exam instead of eating a whole chocolate bar, I will eat an apple or an orange (bananas are also an alternative but don't eat too many of them because they have more calories). Of course, you can eat chocolate sometimes but in smaller portions (100 grams a day). You will feel a difference very soon. 

5. WATER, WATER, WATER


I cannot stress how important this is, especially in the summer. There are a few reasons why you should drink A LOT of water. Firstly, the human body needs at leat 1,0-1,5 litres of water each day to be able to function properly. Secondly, by drinking more water, you will feel fuller and you will not think about food all the time. Thirdly, water cleanses your body and skin! 

I realised I have many tips on improving your eating habits, so I decided that I would separate this into two maybe more blogs. I really hope these suggestions were helpful and I am sure that i ou give them a try you will feel a difference in a very short time. 

To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. - Buddha

xoxo, 
       HriSi

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар